Saturday, March 10, 2012

Juice Health

I didn't really start to pay attention to what I ate until I started college and was forced (with my degree) to take culinary classes. From that point, a light bulb went off; I realized how important your choices in the kitchen can really be and how much they can effect you later in life. I've become more adventuress with the meals I prepare and very aware of the items I consume.

An item I've been wishing I had for a while was a juicer. --I swear I'm not one of those health freak nerds--!! But my husband got me one this past Valentine's day, and I'm in love with it!!

We drink a full glass every night with our dinner. At first my husband was completely against the idea!! I won't lie, sometimes the drinks DO NOT look appetizing at all... but he's warmed up to the idea.

Here are some of our favorite recipes:

1 Apple
4 Carrots
2 Cups of Raspberries
1 Banana

2 Apples
1 Cucumber
2 Cups of Blueberries

Watermelon Flush- This one we haven't tried yet, but I'm so excited for it! Not only is Watermelon one of my favorite fruits, it's also a great way to get more fiber and clean out your kidneys.
3 Cups of Watermelon
Add some Ice Cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment