Thursday, February 24, 2011

Much Overdue Post

Gosh it's been a long time since I've posted a blog -- There is so much to be said I don't even know where to start.

Since we've talked I've had two more showers. The first one was hosted by my second mama Melanie Gunn. She hosted a wonderful, perfect, over the top shower! The theme of the shower was "months" -- Each guest was assigned a month that they purchased a gift for. This shower was great!! We now have decorations for every season/holiday!! :)

Our last and final shower was held at the Lexington Country Club by Jimmy's Aunt Teresa. This shower was and "ABC" shower -- Each guest was assigned a letter of the alphabet to purchase a gift for. The food was amazing and so our are family and friends!! We received items such as cookbooks, frames, knives, utensils, etc. ALL perfect for our new home together! :)

I've had three dress fittings so far -- I still LOVE my dress!! The final add on item will be my last fitting, and hopefully I can get in next week to complete the process. I can't wait to see the final product!! I was lucky enough to schedule my third dress fitting on the day I was having my hair and make-up trial. It was GREAT to see the final product all come together before the big day!

Invitations were sent out about three weeks ago. We've already received several RSVPs back!! Which has been awesome. We have two weeks before final counts have to be into the caterer and florist. Hopefully I don't have to make to many phone calls to our guest to get the total count :)

About 4 weeks ago I excepted a new job with Island Hospitality -- I've been training/working for three weeks now. It's GREAT and I love it!! I'm the assistant to the Mid-West Regional Manager & working part time in HR -- Helping him run 23 properties! At first when I was starting the position I was extremely overwhelmed... I was having to cram in so much new information and in such a short amount of time! Things are running smoothly and on a "schedule" now.... Making my life much easier!! I've been given the opportunity that most people NEVER have the change to get, I'm learning so much about my field, and at such a different level! But I have to admit the BEST part about the new job is that it's Monday through Friday 8-4!! You can't get any better then that :)

Today we are at exactly 30 days until the wedding!! -- Next weekend is my bachelorette party/weekend and I'm super pumped!! My maid of honor and bridesmaids have decided that they wanted the entire weekend to be complete surprise to me. This makes me a little nervous -- I've been told I need to pack a bag, but since I don't know where were going or what were doing, it makes it extremely hard to pack! My old college roommate fly's in at noon the morning before we leave -- she doesn't know it yet but she's going to help me pack before we leave that evening!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment