Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Maggie

Maggie is our little bundle of joy! She came into our lives when we first started dating. On Tuesday, August 16th we got to celebrate her 7th birthday!

For those of you who don't know Maggie's story, here it is...
Maggie was tossed out of a moving vehicle in front of my roommate when I lived in Bowling Green, KY. It was a rainy day, on the Friday leading into the 4th of July weekend. Maggie had flees, mud clumped knots in her hair, and was terrified of everything! After brining her home we weren't sure exactly what to do with her. With it being a holiday weekend, veterinary offices were closed and I couldn't stand the though of dropper her off at a pound!! We locked Maggie in my room, headed to walmart and bought the basics... bowls, lease, food, treats, etc.

Maggie spent days under my bed not eating, drinking, or socializing. I can remember laying in my bedroom, staring under the bed just talking to her, trying to get her to come out and play. After a couple of days, she starting inching out from underneath the bed... but as soon as I would reach out to pet her back under she went!

Tuesday finally came around, with offices open now we brought Maggie in to be looked at. At this point she had my heart, and I knew, if everything checked out at her appointment I was going to keep her! Besides being malnourished and some bump and bruises from being abused, she had a perfect check up!

Three years later, our little princess is defiantly out of her shell and is the perfect pooch!




No comments:

Post a Comment